Five interesting factors that we will make our next assignment very exciting against Chippa United on Saturday at Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium in the DSTV Premiership at 3.30pm.
1. Winless against Chippa United in head to head record:
– We’ve faced the Chilli Boys twice in the past and on both occasions we succumbed to defeat. They bundled us out of the Nedbank Cup last year in the first round as the defending champions. We also met in the league last month and handed our new head coach, Owen Da Gama his first defeat at Mbombela Stadium. So, we can’t allow that dominance to continue. It has to end on Saturday.
2. Facing our ex Coach in Dan Malesela:
– Malesela reign supreme last month when we met at the iconic, Mbombela Stadium. He started the season as the head coach of the Rockets before he was shown the door in December. He emerge victoriously and we will be looking to avoid that from happening again.
3. Revenge on the card:
– We will be out to avenge the defeat we suffered last month. We can’t afford to lose to one team twice in a season. Worse, we’ve played in successive months. We have to turn our fortunes against the Chilli Boys.
4. Looking to keep our unbeaten away run on the road in 2021:
– The lads have been ruthless away from home in the new year. They have amassed two victories and earned one stalemate in three matches on the road. We trashed Maritzburg United 3-0 at Harry Gwala Stadium in Pietermaritzburg before we shared the spoils with Orlando Pirates at Orlando Stadium in a 1-all draw. In our last league game, the boys ran riot at Black Leopards trouncing them 3-0 at Thohoyandou Stadium in Venda. The mission is simple, we want to keep that record intact.
5. Continue with our rich vien of form infront of goals:
– The Rockets are firing from all cylinders infront of goals. In the last three matches, we notched up seven goals. Consistency is what we will be striving for against Chippa United.
#Siyadumuza #TheRockets #TSG #DStvPrem #WeAreHeretoStay